Permit To Work
e-Permit To Work System Aim:
• To enhance company’s WSH performance/productivity by Implement e-Permit to Work System for all projects
• To enhance efficiency and productivity in PTW processing
• To cut down paperwork and waiting time.
• Centralised desktop/monitor to flash all signed permit to work system.
• Paper forms are replaced by mobile applications, easy to use and available on phones or tablets/PC.
• Supervisors from site can submit PTW on their mobile devices.
• Information can be validated by supervisors, assessors and managers.
• Dashboards, PTW and reports are automatically generated.
• Easy to check and monitor.
• Reports and forms are saved in a secure environment, accessible any time for audit purposes.
Application and Approval of Permit-to-Work Syetem
STAGE 1: Application of Permit by Supervis or/Foreman in-charge of works to Main Contractor before start any critical works .
STAGE 2: Permit co-ordination and safety measure check by main contractor’s person in-charge (Supervisor/ Foreman) .
STAGE 3: Permit evaluation and assess by : WSH Officer/ WSH Co-ordinator /WSH Assessor .
STAGE 4: Endorse and Approval of Permit by Project Manger .
1.Display a copy of permit at working area.
2.Upong completion of work, applicant to notify Quest Dept and Close the permit
3.PM to Acknowledge the Comp letion of work
Comparison of Proposed method with conventional method
|Criteria||Current Method||Proposed Method|
|Reusability||Hard copy (Paper)
– One time use
|e-PTW electronic Format
– Environmental Friendly
|Time / Manpower||
Manual Application by Supervisor.
|e-PTW can be assessed from PC, Tablet, Android & iOS smartphones.
– Apply/Assess from sites.
– Endorsed / Approved from site office.
– Once applied in the system the next person could be received instantly
|Efficiency||Manual checking / tracing the PTW from filling.||e-PTW can be saved in shared system in internet or intranet.
– Easy to access by mobile device
– Reports can generate immediately
– Tracing / tracking of PTW with simple steps
|Skill Required||Supervisor must be literate in English||Supervisor must be literate in English
– Must have smartphone and PC knowledge
– Mobile Data / Wifi facilities
Higher Efficiency & Productivity
• All key personnel are able to access and update information in real-time.
• Supervisors are able to track the progress PTW approval.
• All stack holders are able to monitor progress of PTW and update individual stack holders effectively.
Less Paperwork & Data Protection
• Pre-entered data available in the system and will reduces time for every PTW.
• Able to consolidate all trades work in a single program.
• No clash of work with various trades in the same area and system will alert the if any before apply.
• Prevent loss of data in case of missing PTW / lists etc.
• A user friendly mobile interface which simplifies the submission, validation, approval and closure of Permits to Work.
• Non Conformity Reports can also be created and submitted easily.
• Data is synchronized on a cloud server and all key stakeholders on the project can monitor the status of all the Permits to Work and Non conformities in real time.
• Dashboards and reports are automatically generated and shared with the relevant parties.
• On screen and hard copy versions of all Permits to Works are instantly available.
• Able to analyse trends and create graphs.
• Able to export data for regular reporting.
• Able to increase productivity.
• Tangible benefit by reducing waiting with whole workforce for PTW approval for works.
– ie.(100 workers x 52 weeks x 6days x 30min = 15,600 man-hours / year = 7 man-year (MYE))
Visit Sample here.